Sunday, June 1, 2008

Funsies.

So, today was a pretty wonderful day.
First off, I have to explain that the weather and atmosphere here is insane. It's always changing. Right now it's almost 8 PM and the sun is shining...yes...shining.
But earlier, around 4, it was gloomy and dark. And I'm constantly taking my coat off and putting it back on...especially in the tube...so damn hot in there!!!

Anyway, I actually slept in until 10, which was wonderful. Coulda been the medicine I took before I went to bed...but I am pretty sure it was the relaxing to Kings of Leon via Dell DJ. Delicious.
When I woke up, first thing I did was shower. Felt really good, we have such a neat shower here. It's one of those waterfall-y types, and that's always neat. Very refreshing. Afterwards, I ate a salad and a PBJ (I'm basically living off of PBJs) and wandered around for my pals. Time for more free touristing.

To start, a friend Lezlie and I went to Boots, the pharmacy a few blocks away. Very nice in there. I bought all the stuff I needed in large form (I've been living off of travel size) so I basically bought all of their products since they ran at about 99 p. The antiperspirant is AMAZING. Hopefully everything else works just as good.

Then we finally found our other friends Kay and Laura to do some sight-seeing. It's good to go in a small group...just two people would be very rough...especially since Kay and Laura basically wrote a list of everything they wanted to see. We weren't sure if it was too late, being Sunday and all, but we decided to check out Harrods, the big department store. And we're talkin' BIG.


And obviously beautiful...what department store needs a tribute to Egypt? This one, apparently. It's gorgeous and expensive but it was fun to look at. The toy department was great. A lot of the employees were doing demonstrations, and us 4 ladies had to run into the "magician". He was doing a weird light trick and asked where we were from. I just say Pennsylvania, and he flipped out! Apparently he has been to Hershey Park and got a Hershey kiss. I wonder if he ate a Hershey Kiss, rode the Hershey Kiss, or got a kiss from a girl in Hershey...perhaps named Hershey? I don't know, either way, he was very entertaining and called me pretty...hahaha.
There's also an HMV inside the store, a place where they sell music and movies and the like.
Before we left we watched Britain's Got Talent, Simon Cowell's "other" job or whatever. So, it was quite shocking to browse movies, look up, and see SIMON COWELL standing right in front of us!!!! We were all so freaking intimidated and he looks exactly the same in person. None of us wanted to bother his shopping (he apparently goes there all the time) but it was still exciting and hopefully just the beginning of celebrity sightings. He was with a rather attractive woman, but I could've sworn he was in a long-term relationship with a different person...sneaky bastard!

Hahaha.
I also forgot the best part of our trip to Harrods.
We realized a bit late that the stop was, in fact, our stop on the tube. Everyone was rushing to the doors and I, being the last one out, got LEFT INSIDE THE TRAIN!
I had to ride to the next station, laughing my ass off, and go back to theirs, hoping they were still there (They split up to find me!). I wish there was a picture of that...apparently my face was priceless.

We weren't sure what else to do after Harrods, but some ladies were very dedicated to checking out Abbey Road. Yes, it's just a road. But it's the BEATLES ROAD!!!! So we had to do the picture.
Yes...I was Paul McCartney...yes, I sacrificed my feet. But we wanted to do it right. Take note to how accurate I am, and just how different I am from them too! ;)

Ok, it might not be an exact replica...but it was fun...and hard to do. Damn there's a lot of traffic...and of course, they hate us tourists...but we were not alone.
Personally, if I had an album cover, I'd do this one:

See how hard it is to do? Look at that car, hating us...

Anyway, the studio is right there, and the outside gates are covered in writing and Beatles lyrics.

Luckily, I had a sharpie on me...so we contributed and now my name is forever on the Abbey Road studio gate thingeemabobbie.
Take a sad song and make it better :)

We wanted to put a lyric or line on there, like most of the others. I thought it was quite a good idea.

I have a bunch more pictures, but its hard to post them all on here. I really hope everyone is interested in reading this...but I'm glad to have it just because its fun to recount my day!

Tomorrow starts the internship. Very nervous. I don't know what I'll be doing and how much they will attempt to help me in doing whatever they need me to do. At least I can wear jeans and whatever...but I have to leave early just to get their for 10. I am hoping to see Sex and the City tomorrow night, too. We found a cheap theater through a guide book and online, now we just need to actually find it. Did anyone else see it? Was it good? I heard it is.

For now, you guys enjoy your afternoon. It's after 8 here, so that means its time to eat with some friends and then hopefully go find some ice cream. Just relax before the next "big day". Fingers crossed for me!

I really do miss you guys...I haven't been able to keep in touch with everyone, but I hope all is well, and I hope you're hanging out tons and having a lot of fun! I can't wait to catch up when I get back...and I really hope we have a big blowout now that everyone will be turning 21!

I'll leave you now with a picture of me being a nerd and standing in my neighborhood...ain't she pretty?

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Ha, yes, that's exactly what our weather is like. It's been very muggy here lately. And the tribute to Egypt is because the owner is Egyptian; in fact, I think the bust in the picture is actually of him, which is hilarious.