Monday, June 23, 2008

Just cuz...

So my sister and aunt are bye bye.
They left yesterday.
I miss them.
And now I have no familiar faces to look forward to...except for those smiling, shining, beautiful ones when I come back home.

It's starting to get down to crunch time here...I don't know if I'm ready for it.
But I'll not bore you with those details.
Let's recap, shall we?

Saturday was pretty neat.
Maria and I got to roam the streets on our own, mostly focusing on shopping.
We wandered onto Carnaby Street...very cool, vintage, hipster-like.
I finally bought myself an article of clothing here (at H&M, go figure)...probably the only article of clothing I will buy over here...it was 10 American dollars...so whatevs.

Afterwards, I brought her back to my place so we could go out.
I drank waaaaay too much and danced my little booty off at some place called Real Blue.
Actually...I'm not sure. I think it was called that. Blue was in the title.
Needless to say, it was fun.
But I didn't go to bed until 6 AM because it took forever to get home.
Buses suck by South Kensington...my friend Laura and I basically walked.
Otherwise we would've been in bed at a decent night-out time.

Sunday was time to relax, finally.
I was on go since Maria and Aunt Barbara got here.
I took a walk, but came home and laid in bed on the computer for basically the entire night...not so bad.

I hate Mondays...I hate working.
The internship is starting to become a huge snoozefest.
But its experience...and I still think I would like the radio biz...just not the news desk.
I came home, watched Scrubs, read a little (New Moon now), and saw The Edge of Love with Laura.

Terrible, depressing movie.

So I'm going to go watch Scrubs to cleanse my palate before bed.
And then I will miss everyone a bit and fall asleep.

Sorry I've been a bore lately...but as things start to get serious in the academic front, going out and seeing things has been reaaaaalllyyyy rough.
There should be more to come.
If I have the financial capabilities, I would like to go to Wimbledon, do a boat cruise, perhaps see a matinee musical (They have one of Billy Elliot here!), and there's a trip to Brighton where we might actually get to do some swimming/sun-bathing.
More pictures and fun stories to follow I'm sure :)

No comments: