Monday, June 9, 2008

Short but sweet.

Today was nothin' special. Just another Monday morning. Got up, got ready, ran out.
Unfortunately, everything was a lot more painful with a stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and headache.
I'm not one for allergies, so I'm gonna guess I caught a cold from all the lack of sleep, and the weekend of drinking but not staying hydrated.

Interning was pretty okay...well, until the end.
I love the one guy, Martin, who works there. He's a nice fatherly type who is really nice to me and tells me what to do when the other guy is running around.
He tells me to take a long lunch and relax and surf the web.
But he also sent me on the streets today, on another beautiful warm day, to question some youngsters on the portrayal of teens in the media.
As with most cities, there are gangs and knife crimes and just...blah.
I got to talk to 4 different youngsters...two boys, two girls.
I actually ended up talking to them for a while...so nice to be around people near my age.
Shoutout to Tim...he'll never read this (one of those, we'll never see each other again things) but talking about London and Blockbuster and stuff was quite fun!

However, I was politely asked to leave the internship early because of my sore throat...I can't really risk getting everyone sick...considering they live off their voices.
Rod told me if I was still sick tomorrow, I shouldn't come. I'm really hoping I sound better.
I don't want to have to work on Friday, if they roll that way.


I spent the rest of the day with the friends in our nerd circle in the lounge, eating tons of food again.

Now its time to get some sleep and start a new day.
Good night and much love everyone :)

No comments: