Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wanted: Familiar Faces

I survived the graveyard shift at Radio Jackie...barely.
Luckily, I was able to get some shut-eye for about an hour.
I did nothing, but watch her gather together a bulletin and record it.
However, I did get to record a 30 second bit that was put on air!
My family streamed it and everything.
Apparently they laughed. I had to sound serious and professional for the news, and I guess that's just not expected of me!
I got home around 7 in the morning, and went right to bed 'til around noon.
I was exhausted by 9-10 but stayed up a little longer, because I've been reading Twilight (getting better!) and keeping in touch with my family.
My sister comes in today. In fact, she should be leaving the airport or heading to her hotel right this moment.
Unfortunately I have a long day ahead of me.
I just made it to the office (hahaha) and then I have class about an hour after I make it back in my area, so I'm going straight there so I can talk to my academic advisor beforehand.
The goal is to see her and my aunt after I get back. Hopefully they come to see my place.
Hopefully I won't be too grumpy and hungry.

I'm starting to crave familiar faces. I am having a great time here, don't get me wrong...but pictures and AIM chats and e-mails and messages and comments and whatever just don't do justice to the people I'm missing at home.
I want a large bear hug from all the people I love.

But seeing my sister, whom I love so very much, will definitely help curb some of those feelings.

Keep in touch, guys. I miss you all!

No comments: