Saturday, June 7, 2008

Punk in Drublic.

Well...I officially was drunk in London last night.
Yep...its 'bout the same anywhere else you go.
Yep...it was still fun :)

Anyway, for starters, yesterday was the beginning of my weekend. I have a three-day, thank God, which will be fun for now but will probably slowly start to lose it's allure as we get deeper into our internships and, in turn, our 5000 word paper-project-presentation-whatever-things. Booooo.

We decided to be ready for 11, even though we had no idea what to do. Just that we wanted to sight-see. Drew, Eric, and Dave had been trying to get a hold of me, but its hard here, without a cell phone (I'm planning on getting one soon, which will help in situations like...say...me getting left in the tube while my friends watch me ride away). We played phone tag and finally worked something out. But that's for later...

We decided to check out The Globe...which means nothing to us because we didn't have the money to get inside. We basically looked at the outskirts and the gift shop. Lots of neat things in there. Thought of you, Mike :) .
Here's a pic.

After that, we hit up the Tate Modern on a whim because it was free and it was pretty cool...an art gallery with nice pictures. I didn't get any from inside, cuz you're not allowed, but I took a shot of this fellow outside.

It's not the best angle, cuz there was obviously a huge tree in front of it...but weird and picture-worthy all the same.

We headed back afterwards...we just didn't know what else to see, so we literally sat around eating most of our groceries from the previous day. I had like, 6 bowls of cereal, chips and hummus...man, it was soooo good.

We knew we wanted to go out and partay but we just didn't know where to do it. So when Drew called with the scoop about Camden Town, we were there, figuring they would definitely know where it's at.

They were at a place called Cuban...yes, a Cuban-themed bar...in London...how cheesy of us. But they were actually open until 2 AM (Pubs close around 11, no matter what day it is...but that's pubs of course!) and I had had a beer before we went so I was ready to rock and roll. We each snatched up a pint (except for Laura, who got a pretty 14 buck cocktail...7 pounds...whatever...still expensive...I'm trying not to think like that). It was so good to see the boys again...I missed 'em, so we caught up and salsa danced (hahaha, or tried...my ladies kept getting swept away by men...and even a woman!!!) and drank a whole lot.

Lezlie and I decided to drop the load for a cocktail...and picked El Presidente. When I asked for it at the bar, the guy was like "Have you ever had it before? It's strong..." and totally made me a smaller version of it...probably for the best. Then we just shared brews and such the rest of the night...very very fun...so fun...I'll show you some pictures...even though they aren't so great and you'll probably be like "You could've taken those in Wilkes-Barre..." Well. I didn't. I am in London. The boys are in London. And I hope I see them again today :)


I hate my face in these pictures!!!


Hello...drunk.


And you can't forget Eric!!!

After the bar closed, we all parted ways, and the 4 girls had to take the night bus. Pretty sure we waited forever for that thing to come...and got verbally raped by a bunch of crazy guys. No, they didn't say anything gross...but they were totally creepy and we couldn't wait to jump on our ride, come home and EAT!!! I went to bed at 4 AM...but as my body will have it, I was up before 9...I just can't sleep when I drink...and especially not on my stone tablet...I mean...bed.

I MISS YOU GUYS! More fun stories to tell tomorrow, I suppose :)

P.S. Just some quick apologies to my mom, dad, and aunts...and uncles...and any family members who are reading this...I am 21 now after all :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yessssss!!!

I'm glad that you guys got to catch up! Excellence...oh, the boys. I miss them so. I hope all is well with you, miss. And know that the WB misses you as well!

Time is flying by there, I'm sure. Are you having a blast? Are you getting fau when you can? Working hard? Playing harder?

Live it UPPPPPP

Dana_M said...

I see you're wearing that scarf, looks great! except, didn't we pick out an outfit to wear with that scarf. i believe it is that metallic gold bikini top, along with pink leggings. I would say wear the gold ones but that might be to much gold.