Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Time flies!

It really does.
It's already Wednesday, which means its already almost the end of the work week.

The worst part is that its our "long day" today.
We intern until our respective times and either head straight to class or go back home to change quickly and then go straight to class.
Luckily, I'll have time to have a snack and maybe watch another episode of Scrubs before I head off.

Class has seriously been a breeze. Perhaps its because the bazillion (5000, or 20 page) paper will no doubt drain us. Along with a presentation due the week afterwards. BLECH.
But as for class, we all meet at City University, get a free snack bag (Water, a muffin, and either an apple or banana), and split off into three groups to do different kinds of work.
So far, I've stuck with the media group...it is my main interest after all!
We do worksheets, or watch the news, or whatever and then discuss.
After a short break, everyone reconveins in the main lecture room and we do something really academic and important...like watch an episode of British "The Office" or take a fake citizenship test.
We don't really get too heavy...as you can tell. But there will be a final exam on a huge book of readings and such that they give us in a few weeks. So I can't brush it off too much.

As for the paper...I've written a couple of my thoughts and perspectives on the internship itself...but the academic aspect has yet to be achieved. And I really should start doing it bit by bit so I can juggle that with fun.
I have 20-odd days left here...and I can't believe it.
There's still so much to see and do.
I'm in LONDON. It's huge...and there's stuff surrounding this joint that would be worth checking out as well.

Luckily, tomorrow means the weekend after around 3 PM for me.
I plan on doing something fun to celebrate, whatever that may be, and planning stuff to do during the following three days.

You know what I was wondering?
It'd be awesome to hear what some of you guys have always wanted to do or see or have heard about that you think I would think is cool...or just worthwhile.
Suggestions help! I feel like I've done most of the basic stuff.
So give me some hints.

Bye for now, folks :)

No comments: