Friday, June 27, 2008

Game-Set-Match

Alrighty!
Finally, some new pictures and exciting stuff to share with you folks back home...or wherever you are.

Today, which is Friday, which I can't believe, which I'm starting to lose track of, we went to Wimbledon. Ya know, the big Tennis dealio over here.

We waited in line for a good 3 hours or so to get ground tickets. It was worth it...its not like we were doing anything else! So we sat or stood in line, talking, reading, waiting, and eventually made it through the gates! And then...well...we watched tennis!
I'm not much of a tennis gal...I'm not much of a sports gal for that matter...but I'm so glad nI went. And it was certainly a lot of fun!

Time for pictures:
Finally inside!

List of...stuff...

Result! The queue card was for the line, and obviously, the ticket got me in. Oh, and there's my toes!

Kay promotes the drink of champions. Most people threw away their water after they saw this.

Awful picture...strawberries and cream are the premiere snack of Wimbledon. And they are good.


Our place in front of the big screen.

Some of the crowd.
Pretty.

One of the smaller matches we watched.

Yay!!!!

It has been a loooong day. And I'm starving. And tired.
I, as per usual, got crappy sleep last night.
Oh and it didn't help that I got up for 9 and went to bed around 4?
Most of the house went out and it was spectacular.
Took us a while to find a decent place, but I didn't have to drop any cash.
And I danced a lot as usual.
And I met some interesting people.
And we all have funny stories!

So much fun. Everyone is in Ireland/Scotland (I just don't have the money for that kinda stay) this weekend, so its quiet here. But I'm looking forward to going out more as a group and doing as much as possible.

My paper is due in about a week and a half. I have nothing done...but I always come through in the end. As for the internship, out of the next 15 days, I only have 8 days left of actually going to Radio Jackie. Which makes me wonder if I will be doing a shift after all. It kind of lost its spark...but it would give me a small amount of money for fun and it would look great on a resume!

And as for being here...what is there...3 weeks left? 21 days? Something to that effect.
It seems like a lot of time...but 5 weeks passed by so freaking fast...I'm scared.

I hope I have more fun stories and pictures to share with you tomorrow...we're thinking of doing some kind of tour!

Bye for now :)

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Wow, it's very cool that you went to Wimbledon; I'm thinking about going next year. You sat on Henman Hill and everything!