Saturday, July 12, 2008

Windin' down.

So, the internship is DONE!
No more Notting Hill Gate to Bond Street. No Bond Street to Waterloo.
No waiting for the 9:16 train to Chessington South, calling at Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Earlsfield, Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Motspur Park, Malden Manor, Tolworth, Chessington North, and Chessington South.
(yes, I did that by heart).
Waiting for the platform.
Waiting for the train.

And there it is.
No hour long commute there. No hour long commute back.
No sitting in a small office room, waiting for something to do, waiting for whatever time he tells me to leave.
I can't lie...I loved it. And I know a part of me will look back fondly on it...that I did work for them, that they were a part of my life for a good amount of time...and I'll probably never see them or hear from them again. It's sad.
Here's a picture of the neighborhood I'll never see again, in the rain, the way it stayed for most of the last week.


Anyway, Thursday night was our first night of absolute FREEDOM...at least until our exam (2 essays, they gave us the questions, should be a piece of annoying cake) and my Viva presentation on Thursday at 2 PM (which won't be bad, I'm suspecting. No complaints from those who had it already!). We wanted to go out, but sometimes its so hard to find a decent, cheap place. We ended up at some bar flooded with an older crowd, and some creep-o was trying to talk to me. Swear he was in his late 30s. I dissed him right quick.

Anyway, yesterday was the perfect rainy day to just catch up on sleep and relax, making tons of food, and goof off on the computer. Nothin' special, but we had to plan the next several days...I only have until Friday because I'll be packing and then heading as close to Heathrow as I can get. My flight leaves at 9:30 in the morning, but I have to be there early to check in...yucko. More on that later.

Anyway, today we went to the British Museum. It must be me, I'm not much of a historical or museum-y person, but I didn't care for it. We did take a cute group picture inside though!

We got to see the Rosetta Stone, that was cool. And some neato clocks from the past. But other than that...I can't really say much...don't hate me!

Afterwards, the sun started to come out, which was perfect lighting for a trip to Regent's Park.
It was absolutely gorgeous.

Me by some gorgeous flowers. I look stumpy. It's all good.

Perched on the fountain.

The colors are gorgeous.

The flowers were breathtaking...these pictures won't do justice to how nice it was in the park.
The view from Primrose Hill.
Checkin' out the view.
I did too!

After we scoped out the hill, we went to St. Johns Lodge Garden...or...the SECRET GARDEN!!!
Well, the secret is about to come out. It was really secretive in their though. All these little pathways to new areas. And it was quiet as hell. Very very nice.
The entrance.

Fountain of flowers. Again, its hard to explain the wonderfulness of these gardens through words or pictures. But here's some that my friend took of me without knowing.


We're keeping the secret.

Senior photo? Happy that there is still some beauty in the world.

Well, I'm beat for today. I'll spend the rest of the night relaxing until I pass out and then start another jam-packed day.

Not sure what we'll do...but I'm sure it will be great!

Hope you enjoy the pictures...it was so gorgeous. I wish I could actually show you for real.

P.S. For some reason, I started thinking about how much fun a huge barbecue would be before the summer ends. Stay outside, grill some food, kick back with some cold ones. I'm sure everyone would love that! Just a random thought as my time here dwindles.

No comments: