Monday, July 14, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

So, today was Kay's 21st birthday, and it was a pretty enjoyable day!
It was actually nice and summery this morning, so we all broke out our dresses and tank tops.
Unfortunately, and as expected, it became overcast and chilly before 3 PM.
But we got to enjoy a morning of sunshine and warmth.
We were going to watching the Changing of the Guards at Buckingham Palace, but its sooooo crazy there. No worries.
Here's Lezlie, Kay, and me in our summer's best.

After that mishap, we went to Petticoat Market, which is was dead because its more of a Sunday deal. No worries, though, as I don't mind being outside. Afterwards, I made everyone go to Covent Garden thinking there was an actual garden...there isn't really. But we went back to Hyde Park to have lunch "alfresco" and play a few rounds of "This or That" and "Screw, Marry, or Kill". It was funsies.

We came back home to relax for a while because we wanted to celebrate tonight, something small since Kay and Lezlie have their VIVA presentations in the morning.
But it wasn't small...it was pretty spectacular.
We hit up the Absolut Icebar London!
And it was FABULOUS! Definitely freezing.
This is us before we entered the freezing cold bar. They give you these cute capes that make me look like a Klan member. Check out the fur drapings. Oh, so exciting!

Here's me, sitting on my Ice Throne. My heart is too warm to be an ice queen.

The bar part of the Icebar. Yes, that's all ice.

Us and our drinks.

A toast to Kay, to London, to each other, and to the water that provided the creation of such a novelty. I had an Absolut Sparkling Sunset. You can see in the pictures, the colors are pretty accurate.
The Birthday girl...beautiful as Snow White.

A neat sculpture.

Don't worry...I fought the temptation.

Excuse me, can I talk to you for a minute? Excuse me, CAN I TALK TO YOU FOR A MINUTE?!?

Snuggles in the sitting area. My toes and nose are about to fall off.

WE SURVIVED! And it was excellent. Even though my camera is obviously reeling.

It's been pretty fabulous so far...with less than 5 days left to enjoy this place...insanity.
But we've been having fun.
I feel like pictures are the only thing I can use to really explain it to you.
I have tons more too.
You'll see :)

Anyway, since the pictures don't do the Icebar justice, I made a short video...it's not the best quality, but you can get a better feel for the place.


More tomorrow, I'm sure!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Wow, what a strange place. Looks cool though.