Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The countdown has begun...

Well, I'm under two weeks away from coming home.
Unfortunately, these two weeks are still filled with a bit of stress.

I'm currently sitting at my crappy computer at Radio Jackie as I type this out.
You know, my time in London adds up to 8 weeks, and I only have twenty-something posts.
I guess some things just can't be explained on a simple blog.

I have finished my paper...I don't know how great it is, but I'm sure its good enough.
I figure that, as long as I have something to hand in that meets the requirements with some additional work to back it up, I can't fail. I've always been to every class, been to my internship everyday but one (and that's because Rod basically scolded me for coming to work with a sore throat in the first place and urged me to stay home), I've done the homework assignment each week, and I've been a good student and example for Arcadia (hahaha, Arcadia...I feel like the school part was non-existant. That's why its so strange that I had to write a paper. All I've done is go to work for free and then come home and sight-see or goof off with friends).

The paper itself is due tomorrow, but I have to print 3 copies of it, along with 3 copies of each homework assignment tonight so that I can drop that load off tonight or tomorrow morning before work in the office. Basically, everyone in our program is going to slaughter a forest just to please our advisors. I believe its going to be somewhere around 60 pages I'll have to print out.
Disgusting.
Well, after its all handed in, all I have to worry about is a final exam next week, and my VIVA, which is a presentation (Or maybe better explained, a discussion) on my paper. Other than that, its smooth sailing and freedom.

I'm getting jealous of all you people at home, who simply go to work and then come home and veg out. I mean, to be honest, I've been doing the same, minus the pay, ahead by 5 hours, and in a really cool city in a different country. But the weather is always changing (mostly cold, this week is supposed to be rainy and gray everyday. We actually had a thunderstorm yesterday!) and I had to write a paper about it all. Oh, and I didn't actually have a summer yet!

Though I might never get back here, and I plan on appreciating every last bit of London before I come home, I'm also thinking ahead a bit and planning out what I want to do, considering I only have a month to do everything I could've done in the last two!

Here are some thoughts and ideas:
- A Jim Thorpe trip...you know I need those pickles!
- I would love to go to Knoebles again...preferably without a hangover this time.
- Hickory Run.
- Hometown Auction
- A big sleepover...its been a while. And we could actually legally drink by the time it happens, more than likely!
- Maybe another day trip to the beach? Perhaps a different beach though.
- A shopping trip to King of Prussia

I know some of you guys would love to do any number of those things...if you haven't done them a sickening amount of times already. I figure if I don't do it with friends, I'll drag my sister or just go by myself...but its always better with a bunch of fun people, all crammed in my Buick (I miss my baby!), listening to stupid music and goofing off.

I'm almost there guys, almost home!
Hope you haven't given up on my blog...or me.
Family and friends, you're always on my mind :)

1 comment:

Cheers! said...

glad you care about my exhibition NOW, now that it's over. what a friend. good thing we only have a week left together. or else you'd fail as a friend. geez.

have a great day without me.