Friday, July 18, 2008

That's All Folks

I don't know what to say.
Eight weeks of my life have come and gone.
I spent months preparing and stressing and getting ready and worrying about this trip, and its over.
I have survived two months, alone, in London.

This is one of the biggest things I've ever done for myself.
Scratch that...it IS the biggest thing I've ever done for myself.
For 21 years I've relied and depended on nearly every person in my life to make me feel comfortable and safe.
And, of course, I still talked to friends here and there online and called my mom every single day.

But I went 3000 miles away from everyone and everything I know.
I threw myself in a situation I thought I would die from in the beginning.
I wanted out.
But I stayed, and I interned, and I met people, and I danced and stumbled around the city.
I laughed and got left behind on the tube.
I made a zillion microwave meals.
I took shots of tequila.
I read the entire Twilight series...well, the books that are out so far.
I adjusted to a five hour time difference.
I stressed out.
I got lonely.
I felt happy.
I felt scared.
I felt too much and too little.

I am in disbelief that I'm coming home.
I'm so excited, but nervous and scared.
I don't know if I can handle the fact that I will more than likely never see the people I met again, if I want to be realistic.
It'll hit me at some point, and I'll be sad.
I'll look back and wonder why I didn't do stuff.
But I wouldn't change my experience for a second.
Any part of it.

I really am happy and scared and excited to see all of your familiar faces.
Don't be alarmed if I cry...I might.
But this has been a...different experience for me.
And I'm proud.
And seeing your faces will reward me more than you know.

No comments: